The GO! Storm at Sea 12” finished die is a Block on Board (BOB) die. It cuts a repeating three-color 12” block in one pass through your cutter, with no template, special ruler or paper piecing required. The die uses the much-requested 60-degree diamond in a rectangle for its sashing. Piecing features and step-by-step sewing instructions mean your quilting project will come together quick as lightning.
- Compatible with GO! Big (55500), GO! (55100S) Fabric Cutters
- Recommended Cutting Mat: 10” x 24" Cutting Mat (55113) (not included)
- Die Board Size: 10" x 24"
- Cut Size:
- (A) Diamond: 6 1/2” x 3 1/2” (3” Finished Sides) (16.5 cm x 9 cm)
- (B) Half Rectangle Triangles: 3 3/4” x 2 1/2” (9.5 cm x 6.4 cm)
- (C) Square: 2”x 2” (5.1 cm x 5.1 cm)
- (D) Quarter Square Triangle: 2” x 1 1/4” (5.1 cm x 3.2 cm)
- (E) Half Square Triangles: 2 3/8” x 2 3/8” (6 cm x 6 cm)
- (F) Square: 3 1/2” x 3 1/2” (8.9 cm x 8.9 cm)
- (G) Quarter Square Triangle: 3 1/2” x 2” (8.9 cm x 5.1 cm)
- (H) Half Square Triangles: 3 7/8” x 3 7/8” (9.8 cm x 9.8 cm)
- Finished Size:
- 12” Finished Block (30.5 cm)
How to Die Cut Repeating 3-Color Storm at Sea Quilt Blocks: For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is designed to cut one repeating 3-color Storm at Sea block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut two 7” x 4” rectangles and place over shape A. Cut two 2 7/8” x 2 7/8” squares and place over shape E. Cut one 4” x 4” square and place over shape F.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut four 4 1/4” x 3” rectangles and place over shape B. Cut four 4” x 2 1/2” rectangles and place over shape G. Cut four 2 1/2” x 1 3/4” rectangles and place over shape D.
- Fabric Color 3: Cut one 2 1/2” x 2 1/2” square and place over shape C. Cut two 4 3/8” x 4 3/8” squares and place over shape H.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Storm at Sea Die:
- Storm at Sea is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one repeating 3-color, 12” block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates, no special rulers and no paper piecing! Storm at Sea includes 8 basic shapes that can be time-consuming to cut by hand.
- Storm at Sea includes highly requested 60° Diamond in a Rectangle for the sashing.
- Storm at Sea features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4” seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Storm at Sea includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Packaging includes step-by-step sewing instructions to make constructing the block easy. Plus, a free pattern to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Storm at Sea designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting mats that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.