The GO! Chimney Sweep 10” finished lets you play with color and use up fabric scraps. This Block on Board (BOB) die cuts one 2-color 10” block in one pass through your AccuQuilt fabric cutter. You don’t even need a template or special ruler. Handy piecing features and step-by-step sewing instructions make this fat-quarterly friendly die great for beginning quilters.
- Compatible with GO! Big (55500), GO! (55100S) & GO! Me (55275) Fabric Cutters
- Recommended Cutting Mat: 6” x 12" Cutting Mat (55112) (not included)
- Die Board Size: 6" x 12"
- Cut Size:
- (A) Rectangle: 5 7/8” x 2 1/4” (14.9 cm x 5.7 cm)
- (B) Rectangle: 4” x 2 1/4” (10.2 cm x 5.7 cm)
- (C) Square: 2 1/4” x 2 1/4” (5.7 cm x 5.7 cm)
- (D) Half Square Triangles: 2 5/8” x 2 5/8” (6.7 cm x 6.7 cm)
- (E) Quarter Square Triangle: 2 1/4” x 1 3/8” (5.7 cm x 3.5 cm)
- Finished Size: 10” Finished Block (25.4 cm)
How to Die Cut 2-Color Chimney Sweep Quilt Blocks: For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Trip: This die is specially designed to cut one 2-color, 10” block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut one 6 3/8” x 2 3/4” rectangle and place over shape A. Cut two 2 3/4” x 2 3/4” squares and place over shape C. Cut six 3 1/8” x 3 1/8” squares and place over shape D. Cut four 2 3/4” x 1 7/8” rectangles and place over shape E.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut two 6 3/8” x 2 3/4” rectangles and place over shape A. Cut six 4 1/2” x 2 3/4” rectangles and place over shape B. Cut two 2 3/4” x 2 3/4” squares and place over shape C.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Chimney Sweep Die.
- Chimney Sweep is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one 2-color, 10” block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Chimney Sweep includes 5 basic shapes that can be time-consuming to cut by hand. Perfect for beginners ready for their next challenge.
- Chimney Sweep features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4” seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Chimney Sweep includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Packaging includes step-by-step sewing instructions to make constructing the block easy. Plus, a free pattern to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Storm at Sea designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting mats that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.